(Want to get The Inscription .)
Here's What You Need to Know :
Michael Flynn accused of lying to the FBI
• The former national security adviser to President Trump should plead guilty today. he lied about a conversation with the Russian ambassador last december
• The plea would be the last signal that Mr. Flynn cooperates with the investigation Special Adviser on the Interference of Russia in the Presidential Election
Vote on the Pla tax n today.
• Sen Negotiators had to consider making major changes to the tax law after a non-partisan committee found that the proposed cuts would not pay for themselves , as claimed by the Republicans. Follow our live briefing for the last
Thursday, the Joint Committee on Taxation said the measure would add $ 1 trillion to budget deficits over 10 years.
An Idea is to Fix the Corporate Tax "
• We asked: How many people in each income group would get a reduction in taxes? 39; tax? And in a video, we checked out some Republican claims about the plan.
Replace a moderate with a hawk.
• The White House plans to deport the secretary of the court. State, Rex Tillerson, whose relations with President Trump were strained, said Thursday senior officials of the administration
. Tillerson would be replaced by Mike Pompeo, the CIA The director who called for the demolition of the Iranian nuclear deal, suggested that regime change in North Korea would be welcome and downplayed Russia's role in the elections of 2016.
• Speaking of Russia, our reporters learned that Mr Trump repeatedly urged the Senate Republicans during the summer to end the Intelligence Committee investigation into Russian interference. The requests were a very unusual intervention of a president in a legislative investigation involving his family and close associates.
Mea culpa. Kinda went out.
• Our journalists analyzed the excuses – and excuses – of high profile men who were charged with sexual misconduct. Look at the different reactions of the men here.
Thursday, the former NBC presenter, Matt Lauer, has apologized, and fans of "Today" processed the information. "I am very disappointed with him," said one of them
House leaders called on Representative John Conyers Jr. to resign from Congress, and charges were against two other personalities: Russell Simmons, mogul hip-hop who co-founded Def Jam Records, and playwright Israel Horovitz.
• The Times started a newsletter, The #MeToo Moment, in which our editor-in-chief, Jessica Bennett, will offer updates and analysis . Register here
Immigrant acquitted in the case invoked by Trump
• An undocumented Mexican immigrant was cleared of murder and manslaughter during the murder of a woman from San Francisco in 2015
Quoted by Donald Trump during his campaign, the death of Kathryn Steinle fueled a debate over whether immigrants without legal status should be treated more aggressively. The immigrant, Jose Ines Garcia Zarate, had been expelled five times
• After the verdict on Thursday, an American customs officer said that the agency "would work to take the guard of Mr. Garcia Zarate and finally remove it from the country. "
" The Daily ": The problem of billions of dollars of taxes
Listen on a computer , an iOS device or an Android device
• One of the longest periods of stock market expansion continued on Thursday, the Dow Jones industrial average having surpassed for the first time first time 24,000.
an overview of US equities and global markets.
• The largest battery in the world was lit today in Australia. The size of a football field, it was built by Elon Musk, the founder of Tesla Motors, and can power 30,000 homes
• You'll probably pay more for your Christmas tree this year
Tips, both old and new, for a more fulfilling life.
• How to clean holiday stains, including sauce, wine … and blood.
• Exercise Can Improve Cerebral Training
• Recipe of the Day: This weekend, surprise someone One with a homemade ginger cake
• The Seven New Wonders of the World. ]
In today's 360 video, visit the sites and monuments selected in 2007 as additions to the original list named in 250 BC
• In memoriam.
Jim Nabors found celebrity as the kindly bumpkin of television Gomer Pyle, initially in a supporting role on "The Andy Griffith Show" in 1962. With slogans like "shazam!" And "gawwwleee", the character gave his own series. Mr. Nabors was 87 years old.
• Ready for the weekend.
In cinema, our critic says "The Shape of Water", directed and co-written by Guillermo del Toro, is "quite wonderful." (You can find all our new movie reviews here.)
We recommend 12 new books, as well as what to watch on TV depending on the time you have available.
And our music critics rate this year's holiday harvest, including Gwen Stefani and Herb Alpert
• The Top 10 Books of 2017.
• The World Cup Draw
The football tournament starts in June, but the 32 teams will be divided into groups at 10 am a ceremony at the Kremlin. (Russia is the host of next year.)
Follow our live briefing and read the breakdown of each team.
• Best of late-night TV.
Jimmy Kimmel takes it to Roy Moore, the Senate candidate in Alabama, about Christian values.
• Quote of the day.
"He was a good mentor"
– Jocelyn Meinhardt who said that when he was 19 when he was raped she was raped began a summer fellowship in 1989 with the Israeli playwright Horovitz Mr. Horovitz was accused by nine women of sexual misconduct.
History of Return
It is considered the highest art form of its class, and high reward.It is incredibly light and larger than large.The zest of Citrus adorned with jewels is the (dried) cherry on top.
Of course we are talking about panettone (pronounced bread-eh-TOH-nee), the traditional Italian bread served around Christmas. Cake-shaped cake boxes around the world are deeply rooted in Milanese folklore dating back to the Middle Ages.
A legend of its origin implies love from a noble for the daughter of a baker named Toni. Forbidden to marry him, the nobleman disguised himself and went to work for the baker, creating a new bread to impress the woman, made with butter, eggs and candied fruit. The bread was so successful at the court, a new dessert was named in his honor – pan del Ton – and the noble was allowed to marry the girl.
Five hundred years later, the panettone canned version became widely available. Home-made panettone is notoriously difficult: Buttering a few degrees too hot can turn the dough into porridge
But the proof of the pudding is when eating.
"It melts in your mouth and suddenly it's gone," a baker told The Times, "And then you want to eat more."
Remy Tumin contributed to the report
Your The morning briefing is published on weekdays at 6 am and updated all morning Browse briefings held here
If the photos appear out of order, please download the Updated application of the New York Times on the iTunes or
What do you want to see here? Call us at [email protected] .
You can get the briefing in your inbox Sunday through Friday. We have four global editions, dated for the Americas Europe ] Australia [19459009Classifications] [UnitedKingdom and an evening talk week evenings. View our full range of free newsletters Here
Diffuse ads! (Why?)
Thanks for reading Michael Flynn, Kathryn Steinle, Jim Nabors: Your Friday Briefing, don’t forget to share this hot news with your friends and family.
>>>>> Source link